Old 12-09-19, 05:05 PM
dicktill

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not necessarily a recommendation, but here's what I had done about three years ago: I had both eyes done with some sort of multi-focus lenses. Not having to wear glasses all the time (which I had been for decades) is wonderful! I can see distance pretty well, and close pretty well. I can read the car's dashboard, my bike computer, and my phone. Not having to peer through wet glasses on the rare occasions I get caught on the bike in the rain is super. Sometimes, usually in the evening, if my eyes are tired, I have a bit of trouble reading books or computer, so I sometimes rely on reading glasses to help, but this is a fairly low percentage of time. The one "shocking" thing about my lenses (maybe all) is the thousands of little radial lines you see at night from any bright light (headlights, street lights, traffic lights, tail & brake lights, etc.); the brighter, the worse it is. In addition to the radial lines, there are lotsa circular ones too. Eventually your brain is supposed to tune these out; mine is still a work in progress, but better than originally. This has not eliminated night driving for me, but has made it a bit more difficult and tiring. YMMV.

Would I do it again? Certainly.
Likes For dicktill: