View Single Post
Old 01-06-21, 11:31 PM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 1,451 Times in 723 Posts
Man, what a blast from the past! I was actually using a Multito on my Schwinn Speedster when FlightDeck came out. If you'd told me then, that one day I'd think it was retro-cool, I'd have laughed all the way to the Rivendell Reader. Now, with implanted chips and mind-uploads seemingly around the corner, it all seems so quaint. And, to make one feel really old, merely think about how the Multito was roughly as old in 1999 as the FlightDeck is now.

I still think of anything after 2000 as the actual present, which means a 2000 and up car is still New. And it's crazy that coding geeks are the new finance bros, and crazier that they act just like the old finance bros. What is the world coming to?

Last edited by scarlson; 01-06-21 at 11:42 PM.
Likes For scarlson: