Old 05-14-21, 12:00 PM
RChung
Perceptual Dullard

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Liked 1,156 Times in 494 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
Still, I think of the Duo's as a "future proof" solution as well. As I get more into TT I realize how technical things can get. I will be working with a local coach on this soon, not sure if the dual read could ever become of value. Right now it's not really, nor has it ever been for me.
If you're getting into TT, you'll probably eventually get into thinking about drag estimation. People used to ask me to help them with that. It didn't really take that long for me to ask, "what power meter are you using, and do you have a dedicated speed sensor?" because it became clear pretty quickly that if they had a single-sided power meter and were using GPS for speed that the data fidelity wasn't high enough to get usefully small variance in the estimates. Drag estimation, much more than training or pacing, requires high data quality.

I did almost all my protocol development with a Power Tap hub. It gives high data quality and has a built-in speed sensor. (And I could swap it between my road bike and my TT bike in 30 seconds).
Likes For RChung: