Old 06-21-21, 08:14 AM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2640 Post(s)
Liked 3,153 Times in 1,660 Posts
Double Z race morning, just finished the first one, have about 10 total min of cooldown before the second.

12 laps crit city A race - 3rd/9 starters, although more like second...

Some dude rode OTF the whole race, but he had some bot or something, Very erratic power and it would never go over 6.1 w/kg, although it was often there. It was quite surgey with z6 power most laps going over the rolling hills, then mostly settling in between. A couple riders got dropped and then it was 6 of us for most of the race. Some guy made an awesome move after the surgey hills and held it, nice work. I was the best of the rest apparently and did my usual sprint between 2-3 corners to go. 5-6 seconds of hesitation was all it took for me to comfortably coast in after the last corner. About 35 min at 4.2 average.

Up next... 5 lap/20 miles London Classique race, mass start all categories. edit: 28th/112, got dropped from the lead group

I almost thought I would miss the selection on the Lead In up the 5% grade where it just got shredded... but made it up. AP for first 8 min was right at threshold. My power dropped about 40 watts over the next 10 min lol... Another surge went and I was mentally (and possibly physically) unable to go with it, so I just settled in to another 30 min or so of sweet spot. Eventually formed a group of three and lead it out at ~5.0 for the last 3 min so they could duke it out. Had fun.

Last edited by TMonk; 06-21-21 at 09:11 AM.
Likes For TMonk: