Old 09-19-21, 06:45 PM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10238 Post(s)
Liked 5,185 Times in 2,226 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
What did you decide to do on the Madone?

Was visiting the Trek store to get a new derail hanger installed, and spent some time window shopping. They had the white/silver Madone (in my size ) that you are getting but without the SLR cockpit. That is a sweet bike, will be even sweeter with the mod.

Its ordered. Suppose to arrive in october. It will be a size 58 SL 7 with sram force. It will be the first time riding a 58 so I will have to see if I will even like it. The more I stair at the numbers I think it will be okay.

Im still deciding if I want the slr cockpit or the one piece bontrager cockpit. Both are aero. The one piece comes in that 650.00, I think the SLR cockpit comes in at 720.00. So it’s going to come down to price.

The bike will come in and if Iike it, I will order the parts and leave it at the shop til everything comes in.

Only issue I see with both bars, the bontrager mount is only made for garmin, and after doing loads of research I would rather have the wahoo bolt.

With that being said, If the bike gets delayed, and the Canyon Aeroad comes available I may hop on that. The dates for most the trek models are ridiculously far away. The 56 already got pushed back once.