Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6178 Post(s)
Liked 4,795 Times in 3,307 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
Have you two tried a tandem? In a rather large way, it's not the same as riding a single. Speed is an analogue of exposure in rock climbing. One gets used to it, some more slowly than others. With a rider of your ability, it's not speed that's dangerous, it's other people. Cars are considerably more careful about tandems. Females are still worshiped a bit perhaps? The biggest danger I've seen on a tandem is decreasing radius corners, which just means be smart about speed. We used to have a 35mph speed limit. Then she just started closing her eyes if we picked up speed. Now she's had her eyes open at 65. OTOH, neither of us are normal. The reason we got a tandem was simply to be able to spend more time together. I was gone on my single for too many hours. Turned out to be pivotal decision. Just sayin'.
The tandem was a very real option we looked at a few years ago. But still she won't commit. And I myself am a little apprehensive about it as to get anywhere to ride it would not be real convenient. I'd either be several miles of busy streets to get to where traffic thins out or several miles on the very near by MUP, but all of those twisty up and down to get to those same less busy traffic places to ride.

Tandem isn't out completely though. However since the e-bike seem like a no go with her I'm hoping to find a place that has a Trek cruiser like I've shown in the pic for her to try. So far, locally they seem to only get models with 700C wheels and she instantly rejects them without trying. Maybe when we get out to the Denver area again later this month I can find something.

She's very stubborn........