Thread: Saddle help.
View Single Post
Old 10-07-20, 09:20 PM
Helderberg

Bikes: Had an old Columbia in the 80's, here a used Schwinn hybrid, now a Cannondale Quick 3 and a Topstone 105..

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked 306 Times in 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
I'm not sure the padding needs to be in the shorts versus in the saddle, but you could see if Specialized makes a saddle with the dmension of that Romin but a "higher" comfort rating. Specialized has become very "specialized" in saddle offerings and has in addition to perhaps 5 levels of width, I think it's four levels of comfort. If your LBS is not an actual Specialized shop or is limited in stock, you should be able to find out more by looking for something more suitable in the Spesh website, or use their website to find the closest store which Specialized lists as one of their specialty sellers. Ideally you will find a store where you can take your bike and your saddle and see what can be done. If you can get a more cushioned saddle and it actually solves your problem without bringing in any new ones, that will be cheaper than buying three pairs of new shorts, where you don't really know if they help you until you have them at home.
Good suggestion. I will do this. I was also looking at the Fizik line as they resemble the Specialized Romin. Thanks for the post.