Old 07-04-21, 08:51 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
story. so about 2 years ago now, when he was 7, Junior installed a game by accident on my phone, Lords Mobile. I quickly googled it, didn't seem to have malware type stuff, it was a (from what I saw) some 5v5 hero battle thing, and so I was okay with it. He was playing a 5v5 type Star Wars game when it came up.

Junior would ask me every now and then, "LM?" meaning "Lords Mobile". I'd let him play for a bit.

About 2/3 year ago he's doing LM and I look and see a castle, farms, barracks, mine, quarry, workshop, academy... I'm like, whoa, what the heck is this?
"What's this game?!"
"LM"
"I thought it was a hero battle game"
"Well, to get hero stuff you have to do all this other stuff."
"You built all this?"
"Yes."
"Why is your food blinking red""
"I don't know, it always does that."

After some quick poking around I learned he had negative food production - he was spending more than he was making. I figured that couldn't be good.

"I think you need more farms"

I did some quick fixes, got stuff under control, and he battled.

I asked him about the user name, "asxc"
"Oh, that's a text box, you just type in whatever you want, like this" and he swiped his fingers across the keyboard.
"What about the nickname?" (it's udhhsq7)
"same thing."
"How did you get into the guild?"
"Oh, there's a screen where you just check every box and a guild picks you."
"You checked every box?"
"Yes, there were a lot of them."

Ends up that if your'e not active for 4 or 5 weeks you get kicked. he never got kicked.

I asked about the chat box.
"You just type whatever you want".

Apparently it auto filled from prior text inputs, like from my texts to the Missus. I scrolled through some of the history.
"Samurai bike master" or something like it. I realized that it must have been when I got a butt dial and an old racing friend of mine, from 20 years ago, was describing me in a very drunk, slurred voice. "... and this guy, he's a samurai on a bike" or something like that. I thought it was hilarious and texted it to the Missus. So when Junior started doing his "text swipe" and hit "sa" it autofilled some stuff. Somehow the others in the guild didn't think "what the heck is this player doing?"

So I said to the guild that my 7, now 8, and turning 9 year old, installed the game, has been playing for a year plus, and sorry for anything he might have done wrong. Apparently he never did anything wrong.

Guild leader changed once when the then-leader couldn't play much. He deferred to someone who was pretty active, tried to get others involved, etc. That was maybe 6 months ago.

New guild leader is changing jobs, can't play much. And to my complete surprise, he asked me (and Junior ) to be the guild leader. I asked Junior if he wanted to be leader, if he thought it was fair. He said he wanted to be leader so I told the leader yes.

So now we're the leader of a tiny, tiny guild. That change happened two days ago.

Junior was playing LM very intently yesterday
"What are you doing?"
"Inviting players who aren't in a guild into our guild"
"Oh."
He looked at me. "That's what a guild leader does."

So if you play LM and want to look us up, message me. We're a mostly F2P (free to play - we don't pay for stuff), casual (like I'm a casual racer maybe), play-when-we-can kind of guild. I love working together to get stuff done, it's like teamwork in a bike race. We have a few actives, a few more sort of actives, and a rotating group of new players that decide they don't like the game or something.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson
Likes For carpediemracing: