Old 08-08-22, 03:55 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 949 Times in 556 Posts
Originally Posted by RH Clark
I'm not a doctor but it occurs to me that it may not be carbs that is troubling you so much as that particular food itself. You might consider food allergies as a possible source of your troubles rather than unspecified carbs in general.
its both. carbs is a separate issue. but I have a lot of food intolerance. the carb problem I have had all my life it was just a really small issue but slowly has gotten worse. but I had a lot of stomach problems and upper repository infections in my late 20's most of it was either carbs or genetics or both and i got a bunch of antibiotics. that messed up my guts for many years. but when I did a food elimination diet to learn what bothered me it was carbs complex carbs were the worst. So when I stopped eating the carbs after I found out how they made me feel then all of a sudden all these foods started bothering me including spices and such. but it was not as bad as it is today. I was doing ok and feeling not too bad till I started eating cabs again and things got far worse. this was over 20 years ago. none of the food intolerance have gotten better over the years.
thats why I test my foods using my watts meter on my bike because I cant always feel it. all I can eat is meat and cheese and unsweetened almond milk every day plus a multivitamin. all other foods I have to take care eating.. like i can handle most non carby veggies now 3 times a week but even then I don't dare eat the same ones over and over. .none of my doctors really understand whats going on but they are happy that I pay attention and pretty much follow what my body tells me. but I do slip up as its so hard to eat this way its close to impossible because it is so boring and repetitive and no variety. I haven ever found any carbs in any form I can eat without my body getting mad at it.l had so many heath issues when I was eating them once a week. I have tried everything you can imagine and my body says nope. Carbs are so bad they cause so many issues that its physically dangerous to eat them now. they fog my mind and then I make mistakes. the last two tines caused me to clip a pole on our tandem when my mind wandered and almost loose the tip of my finger the last time on the router table. I don't have the brain fog now that my carb intake is so low.

but the reward is I have more energy now then anytime since this started its not at the level of most peoples but its sure better then it was. back then walking wore me out. now I ride hundreds of miles a week.

I found a lady on the food intolerance group that had these same issues it was like a carbon copy of what I had starting with the infections. it ran on females of her family mine on the males.