Old 09-03-22, 07:31 AM
RH Clark

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 466 Times in 259 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
I'd like to see a prospective, randomised trial with crossover of course. And the rest of the diet controlled, too. Association is not causation although that was sufficient to foist statins on us.

Anyway, I cannot imagine being on a protein only diet. I doubt many here eat as much meat, cheese, and butter as I do. My arteries and heart is clean. N = 1. My Docs are fine with my intake. So, there must be a little disagreement outside the pharma controlled internets

The Mediterranean diet has more healthful fats and vegetables than the typical SAD diet.
Several recent studies associate heart disease with insulin. People develop insulin resistance from too much and too frequent consumption of high sugar and highly glycemic processed foods. The body then needs to produce massive amounts of insulin to regulate blood sugar, which leads to inflammation damaging the blood vessels. Plaque is the body's way of repairing damaged arteries. Your arteries don't become clogged because you ate food that causes it. Your body produces cholesterol. You do not absorb it through the stomach.

One of the biggest risks associated with red meat that I can find other than contaminates or additives is that it causes your body to make a growth hormone. That hormone is there to build and repair muscle. If, however, a person is basically inactive, that growth hormone can attach to cells and grow things like tumors or cancers. I would agree that most Americans consume way too much meat in general.
Likes For RH Clark: