Old 09-03-22, 08:12 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by RH Clark
Several recent studies associate heart disease with insulin. People develop insulin resistance from too much and too frequent consumption of high sugar and highly glycemic processed foods. The body then needs to produce massive amounts of insulin to regulate blood sugar, which leads to inflammation damaging the blood vessels. Plaque is the body's way of repairing damaged arteries. Your arteries don't become clogged because you ate food that causes it. Your body produces cholesterol. You do not absorb it through the stomach.

One of the biggest risks associated with red meat that I can find other than contaminates or additives is that it causes your body to make a growth hormone. That hormone is there to build and repair muscle. If, however, a person is basically inactive, that growth hormone can attach to cells and grow things like tumors or cancers. I would agree that most Americans consume way too much meat in general.
David Sinclair supposedly takes Metformin daily to control insulin and glucose levels. That is crazy to me. I think most people would be better served observing the amount and type of carbs that they consume and learning their response to them (meters are cheap). We are cheap carb and cheap and unhealthy fat in this country.

Over the past year, I have increased my protein intake considerably. Although I have not taken a DEXA scan, instead relying on my usual bodyfat calipers, it is clear I have added muscle mass. I had promised myself not to try to lose any body weight until one year post accident. Now, I am trying to decide whether to go back to LCHF for some months to shed 20-25 pounds. But am worried I might lose power.