View Single Post
Old 01-14-23, 07:15 AM
Kekec1965

Bikes: Several, to many to list, mainly vintage British build. From A-Z of brands there are two letters missing, X&Y.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 60 Posts
Update

Quick update on Davey - all cleaned up and re-greased, frameset polished and couple of coats of wax applied. Brake calipers were really spongy so picked up a set from my parts bin - Weinman 605 with levers ordered from eBay. The rear caliper angle perhaps shows that rear bridge was not originally drilled for braking? While awaiting for levers to arrive I fitted some city bars and cheap Michelin 28mm tan walls just to get it on the road. Really smooth and easy moving, 48/18 gearing suits it perfect for the flatlands here in Berkshire, UK; must admit those tyres as cheap they are performed very well indeed. Saddle is from 70s, made for Viscount, the original Unicanitor was just to hard to sit on without padded behind and as I want to be able just to jump on and ride...Since the photo below was taken I have also fitted new cable clamps and also black Bluemels to be able to use it over the winter. A recent hand surgery has put a stop to this for couple of month, so can't show you yet the latest set-up. Will convert back to drops once I can use tools.

Thanks for your interest.