Old 07-20-21, 09:12 PM
kaos joe

Bikes: Trek 5200, Rivendell Atlantis, Soma DoubleCross, Bilenky Signature tandem, Cannondale RT3000 tandem, Santa Cruz TallBoy, Kona Explosif, Bridgestone MB2

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 90 Posts
Originally Posted by KPREN
Whoa, you are making an assumption that because I do not want a bicycle primarily for exercise that I am not motivated to get into shape......
KPREN,

I'm not making any assumptions and I'm sorry if I set you off. I'm not qualified to decide what is appropriate for you, your brother or anyone else, nor would I want to be. It is however my perception that many of the newly minted e-riders out there are motivated by a desire to do it the easy way. A few of the previous posters have said so. I just don't find I identify with that sort of attitude/outlook.

We had a very well known rider locally who I knew for decades, who also suffered from lymphoma and used an e-bike to still ride with the group. Nobody looked askance at that.

Improving the quality of life for people like your brother and our "Bicycle Bill" is a noble thing and not what I was referring to. Enjoy your rides and I do hope your brother does well. I'm a medical professional and I see lots of tough things every time I set foot into the hospital where I work. Again, I hope all goes well with you.