View Single Post
Old 10-11-22, 01:20 PM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 2,296 Times in 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by RCMoeur
I raced with a VX short cage. The Campy boys in the pack in the pack laughed (sometimes literally), and my Superbe-equipped teammates took gentle pity on my "plight". But that thing shifted reliably every time it needed to, and was only a trivial weight difference from the far more unaffordable componentry. Great derailleur - which is what you can say about nearly every rear one made by Maeda (although the plastic cage on the Alpha 2000 on my commuting bike is fixin' to fail soon.)
YEP!!! That is an amazing derailleur. My first light weight bike , a Kabuki Diamond Formula came with a corn cob and one of those. I lived on a sail boat and rode that bike(still have it) many many miles , we did not drive a car for over two years and we both worked full time. Salt air and everything was thrown at that thing and when I was out and about I passed all those expensive European bikes up with my Japanese racer! I still have the derailleur but I have since built up the Kabuki with Campagnolo Record .
Likes For Kabuki12: