Thread: Selle Anatomica
View Single Post
Old 12-03-22, 03:23 PM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 506 Posts
Originally Posted by brucedelta
In general if you are a Clyde I would not count on them honoring the return. I attempted many of the adjustments and emailed them when I could not find comfort asking for suggestions. They told me the saddle was not returnable without a large fee since I “stretched” it. I rode under 10 miles with it, seems like a reasonable trial. I was about 265 at the time, so at the limit.
I'm not that heavy, but I do appreciate the extra stiffness of the H saddle leather. As far as stretching, the saddle is supposed to stretch - that's why several of us here echo the SA recommendation to adjust the tension screw to keep the slot gap at 6 mm! Something is fishy here. Besides if you were riding a T saddle at 265 lb I could see them denying coverege due to over-limit usage, because a limit is stated. On the H I bought, NO upper limit was stated, so how can they say the rider was over-limit? Again this seems fishy!