Old 03-08-22, 02:20 PM
seat_boy

Bikes: Serial bike flipper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 73 Posts
OTOH, one thing I really like about my Swift is that when I stop, the bike will rest against my inner leg and not fall over. My BF falls over every time.

This sounds kind of trivial, but it really does make a big difference for me in day to day riding.

Originally Posted by linberl
I'd like a lower step over. I tested a Swift before I bought a Bike Friday and the higher step over was one reason I went with BF but I'm under 5'5". I'm also a fan on standardized parts, I have a bucketload of them, and like the ability to tweak my bikes based on what I want, not just what is available from a proprietary manufacturer. I like 1x derailleur systems because they're easy to maintain and easy to get fixed anywhere in the world. While IGH and belt drives etc.,are all. wonderful advancements, they make it harder to deal with and get parts when traveling. There's a reason BF is so popular in Asian countries, it's super easy to mod them. The beauty of the Swift imo is the frame design. Being able to mod as you wish on that seems key to me. There's a massive thread on here that bears this out, too.
Likes For seat_boy: