Old 05-27-22, 03:00 PM
JayhawkNavy02

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by superdex
Have you tried insoles? Superfeet, etc. You may just need to swap out your existing insoles for some that address high-arch high volume (like the superfeet orange or green?). I have AAA width feet, which require a narrow heel cup -- I like my Giro's and I've had Spiuk and Sidi. Loved my Sidi's (but couldn't swallow the replacement cost -- I'd bought them before kids). As another "hard-to-find-shoes-just-right" rider, I highly recommend insoles.
Definite option. The Specialized Torch 3.0s seem to fit me best so far, but I need to move up to a 47 from the 46.5. My toes are touching the end of the shoes during hard riding (uphill), but not at rest. I didn't have any pain in the end of my toes after riding (even 100 miles). At rest my toes don't touch, but when I start to power down they'll contact the front of the shoe. I think stepping up a 1/2 size should give the inserts room, but not sure how it would affect the fit of the current shoe if I threw a set in to support the high arches.

Originally Posted by WhyFi
They have a measurement and fit guide for their various lasts - that worked well for me, after years of looking for the right shoes.
The minor problem is that if you go to the website for current offerings at: https://www.lakecycling.com/collections/road the sizing chart is also not up to date at: https://www.lakecycling.com/pages/sizing-chart

Shoes available in my size from Lake Cycling are the CX 177, CX 201, CX 219, CX 238, CX 241, CX 302, CX 332 and CX 403. It looks like the CX 177, and CX 219, and CX 302 are updates to the previous versions (CX176, CX219, and CX301). I"m not sure if the fit is the same. I think the 301/332/402 due to the tighter heel, which I have trouble with when I move up to the 47s.

CX 176 (wide) is a little wide - single BOA - Sport Last
CX 201 (regular) exact fit - single BOA - Comfort Plus Last
CX 301 (wide) exact fit - Race Last
CX 332 (wide) exact fit - Race Last
CX 402 (wide) exact fit - Race Last

Originally Posted by oris
I didn't see it mentioned but have you looked at the Giro High Volume (HV) options? Something like the Giro Empire HV comes with a set of insoles that you can change the arch support height. Fizik shoes is also quite roomy in the toe box and is built on D width sole.
Neither! Thanks for the heads up. I’ll give them a look. I found the Empire and Savix, but only the Savix has the BOA system. If I'm missing something please let me know. My google fu may be weak. Checking out the Fizik as well.

Last edited by JayhawkNavy02; 05-27-22 at 03:35 PM.