Old 06-22-22, 05:40 PM
gyrfalc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bikepacking Tour Bucket List - Need Suggestions

Greetings, tour enthusiasts,

As I enter the twilight of my biking years (enter hell, I'm there, as I sit, knees embraced by ice from today's ride), I have one last trip on my bucket list: "a bikepacking tour somewhere." I've done solo, long-distance, road tours multiple times, and have seen enough corn and soybeans and farm dogs and breathed enough diesel exhaust and shopped in enough "Dollar General" stores for three lifetimes (I'm writing from the USA) , but have yet to tackle anything off-paved-road. Sitting in my shed at the moment is a fairly new, unappointed, Surly Krampus that is begging for adventure.

So my question is: assuming you were a reasonably fit and marginally sane 60ish person, who doesn't need or want gaggles of other humans around him or her for moral or immoral support, has sufficient finances for one last splurge, doesn't mind sleeping on the ground, doesn't have a support crew, and who is able to convince his or her ever-patient spouse that a month or two leaving them to do house chores all by themselves is somehow a good thing, where would you go? Anywhere in the world is fair game. The clock is ticking - I have literally one shot at this and I don't want to miss.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, and happy trails,
M.M.