Old 06-25-22, 08:03 PM
koala logs
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
Pro riders who drink coffee (which is nearly all of them from what I've read) sometimes stop drinking it for a few weeks before a key event
That will work

But drinking the same amount of coffee everyday won't make any difference vs some who had quit coffee for a long time. I've been there and ride with coffee drinkers on long alpine rides.

If you drink coffee everyday, you'll have to increase caffeine dosage before an event or a big ride to get a little boost. But some doctors I've talked to in the past did not look positively to such habit as it can cause heart problems.

This article shows that too much caffeine is bad for the heart (as everything else, too much of anything is bad). But the effect is amplified for people who are quite physically active such as athletes. The article mentions caffeine in the last topic, all the way to the bottom of the article if you wish to skip to the caffeine part. Still a great read if you wish to read the entire article. Pros have the luxury of dealing with caffeine to the limits with their comprehensive heart monitoring and medical support.

https://www.menshealth.com/health/a2...ses-treatment/