View Single Post
Old 09-20-15, 03:29 PM
jt_uk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey peeps

I've been lurking on these boards for about 8 months, I got into cycling as a means to get fit and track cycling apeals to me as I used to be a middle distance runner in my teens and twenties (currently 37 y.o.) . I'd like to try my hand at a track few races as a means of keeping fit and motivation. Ultimately I just want to get myself to a good level of fitness that I can maintain as I get older and track racing/training seems fun.

I've been using a cheap Fuji track comp for the past few months, doing sprints and short fast rides to build up my endurance and strength.
Its the start of Autumn here in the UK and I'm looking to get a training regime started that I can maintain consistency with around my job, as I work shifts and tend to get home around 8pm.

I've been making use of my Garmin 500 to do sprint efforts, 1000, 2000 and 3000M efforts etc. Bodyweight exercises such as Pistol squat, Bulgarian squats etc. Then the odd longer steady rides to build my fitness. I intend to start basic weight training over the next few weeks and attend classes at the Manchester Velodrome to see if I like it.

What do you guys suggest? Should I be looking to get a road bike for training, what about a trainer (have rollers but have hardly used them due to noise concerns where I live with the people below me).