Old 09-20-18, 11:24 AM
robbyville

Bikes: Speedvagen Steel

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 156 Posts
Light Bicycle Wheels

Decided I'd give another set of generic carbon rims a shot. I had the Yoeleo 38's last time around. They were nice but not spectacular, sold them for the same price I paid essentially. The hubs just never loosened up and seemed uber stiff. The wheels came true and nice, finishing was good not fantastic, but the appearance (silly I know), I wasn't a fan of.

Fast forward to Light Bicycle Wheels which along with Farsports seem to have a pretty good reputation. I opted to go through their North American resellers who bring in the rims and then lace them out of Abbotsford Canada, similar operation to how the guys at November got their start (FYI, every wheel set I've owned the last 5 years other than these and the Yoeleo's have been bought and built by November, I feel tremendous guilt for not using them!).

The appeal to me was that they use the Industry 9 hubs which I absolutely love. The shape is modern and to my liking, Matt UD finish other than the 3k brake track and no ghastly graphics. 45mm depth and tubeless compatible which is a must for me. The wheels came with Sapim spokes, tubeless tape, and valve installed. No brake pads or Skewers. Received within a week of order. Price was not as cheap as the yoeleo's or some of the other Chinese carbon set ups bought through a Chinese broker, but still a good price for the hub, rim, spoke combo. Came out to just a titch over $1k

Packaging was awesome, I mean perfect. Wheels spin beautifully and seem to be built well. I hope to install some tires and cassette today and ride on Saturday, will report back for anyone with interest.