bicievino

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by BennyBikes
Hi all!
first time poster
I’m currently doing my track accredition on an indoor velodrome and looking to get my first track bike.
the BMC Trackmachine 02 (al) is available online in my size, but I can’t find any reviews of it, does anyone here have any experience?
it’s much closer to my road bike reach/stack than the alternative of a Dolan DF4 which seems mega aggressive.
ive been riding a rental Moda at the track which seemed OK, but their size charts are terrible and don’t include reach/stack
any advice?
thanks!
I don't have any specific recommendations with regards to the BMC.
When it comes to matching your road bike's reach/stack, though, I'll offer two things that may be helpful. For general mass-start use, you want about 5cm more reach than an equivalent road frame, because you don't have hoods to rest your hands on. Also for general mass-start use, personally I have 7cm more drop than in my road fit.
All that is to say: basing your track fit on your road fit might be a recipe for buying the wrong size frame. It may be worth chatting with a local fitter who knows track instead of some schmuck on the internet before plunking down money for a new bike.
Likes For bicievino: