View Single Post
Old 04-21-22, 06:38 PM
JessyMathers

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I know what wolves do, and I understand that mine will not be able to do 30-40 miles a day because of the weight. Mine are also not pure wolves, nor have they toned their bodies their entire lives like a wild wolf because they don't have to travel or hunt. I'm hoping mine won't have to pull that much weight. I'll be on bike and pedalling to help them pull the weight, so we will all be sharing the weight as much as possible. And I also understand that I'm on wheels which doesn't impact my body like being on foot for my dogs does. Just so much to factor in, and I just don't know how else for us to travel around in a way that could be better and/or safer. It's either by foot or by bike, and I think the bike is the better option considering my dogs usually like to get moving at a pace much faster than I can keep up. And considering their food, their raw meat diet is probably enough, because I also incorporate other stuff in their food from time to time also, and we won't be doing anything nearly as strenuous as the Iditarod. I'm guessing we can make at least 5 miles a day minimum, and max might be 8-10 in an emergency (ex: we need to get somewhere for food ect), with preferably a day or two off each week to rest. Never did a bike tour before, so I have no idea how this is gonna go, and it's so much harder to figure out with my rare situation. I want to do I trial run sometime if I ever get the chance, but idk how to even do that really without going a good distance.