Thread: Helix Update?
View Single Post
Old 05-14-23, 09:46 PM
Double0757

Bikes: 1984 Cannodale full touring bike, Giant full carbon dura ace, Belinsky frame Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Happy with my Helixs.

I was backer 340 and I did get a bike for $1200.00!!! The second was a pre-order and I ended up paying more for the ultra light upgrade, which turns to be about $2700.00 for the ultra light. I got my first bike, 3 month into the pandemic. As an essential worker I was flying all over the world with the Helix (which most airlines allowed me (at that time) to put it on the overhead). It was the greatest experience I ever had with a bike, ridding in the middle of big cities streets that where empty! I couldn’t have done with regular bike. Taking an Uber to downtown, riding for a couple of hours and then Uber back to hotel. LA, NYC, and smaller cities where all ghost towns and I had the lanes for myself! It was a truly unique experience! I have ridden a Brompton and the helix is as comfortable as the Bromptons I have ridden. However the helix is way more stable than the Brompton and lighter. IMHO the Helix is worth it’s money! Specifically the ultra light. My wife 5’2” can carry the 20.5lb frame with no problems, and she is 61. I believe if you buy it now is about $4200.00 or about. It’s not cheap! The quality of the joints, the engineering and the selection of components, is in another level! The ultralight come with tubeless tire, which makes the ride way more comfortable than most tube 700 thin tires. I see years going ahead for Helix, IMHO they have value in their bikes. I’m a happy customer! Draw backs: wish the handle bar tube be a little longer and an a light electric option would be available soon.
Likes For Double0757: