Old 06-10-21, 06:23 PM
cj3209

Bikes: Pinarello; Canyon; Lauf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by ericcox
I've never really wanted a Campy bike, but am very tempted by Ekar for my gravel bike. How do you like it? Do you have to do much fine tuning on it, or does it stay set up pretty well? My gravel bike has SRAM Apex which isn't bad, but... when I hop on my DI2 road bike it reminds me that it is not Di2 or even my older 10 speed Ultegra level of smooth.
During shipment of the bike, I think the bike got misaligned as I had trouble shifting into the largest rear cog so I tried to fool around with the H/L settings and promptly mucked it up. My LBS fixed it and since then, the shifting has been very good with no issues. I really like not having to worry about a front derailleur and can focus on a few gears climbing hills and descending hills; very very good. You have to get used to the thumb lever that shifts to a smaller cog and the brake lever which shifts to a larger cog but it's very intuitive and I can actually shift easily while on the lower slopes of my handlebars. With Ekar, you don't really need electronic shifting.