Old 04-25-13, 06:54 PM
wlsinwi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just wanted to say hi to the 890 fans! I have one myself. I'm the original owner of it and I love it. I've done a lot of upgrading of it over the years but have tried to stay true to the original concept. I use it for hard park trails. I almost gave it away a couple of years ago but couldn't find anything new that I liked as much so I rebuilt it with better (in my opinion) parts where I could. Off the top of my head I have Michelin 1.75 Country Rock tires on the old Weinmann rims. They fit great and the tread is amazing. 1.75 is as much as you want to go to clear the unique front forks. Suntour XC thumb shifters, quill and pedals. Shimano cassette BB and derailleurs. I got a Suntour nos Winner Pro 5 speed freewheel to replace the old Atom. I converted it to a 10 speed and use the ground down outer ring as a gear protector. I just like the way it rides. The upright touring position is perfect for enjoying the countryside.
My other bike is a Trek Soho which is more of a city bike than the 890 was. I enjoy both.
Attached Images

Last edited by wlsinwi; 04-27-13 at 09:49 AM.