rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2585 Post(s)
Liked 5,646 Times in 2,924 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
On my ride today I couldn't even make it away from the house successfully. As soon as I got down my driveway I realized I still had my reading glasses on. So I turned around, went back up the drive, unlocked the door, went in and got my riding glasses.

All good, I start again. Got almost down the driveway and then realize I have no gloves. Not a big deal, but I've gotten use to riding with them so I again go back up the drive to fetch my gloves. I had to chuckle on the way. Yesterday I had laughed at my neighbor that had to return twice to his house before even passing my house in his car because he had evidently left things.

Karma?

Not only that, but my chain which almost never comes off, came off. It was as I topped a hill and I had to coast downhill for the better part of a 1000 feet before I could get it back on. Again I had to chuckle. I think it was stage 19 or 20 of the Vuelta when a rider from the break-a-way dropped a chain and it took him a while to get it back on as he coasted downhill. I had boasted to my wife that I could have gotten mine on quicker.

Again Karma? or did I just watch to much "My Name is Earl" years ago?
That rider in th Vuelta ended up reaching down with his hand to get the chain back on one of the rings while coasting. Gutsy move. I have never seen that before.

Likes For rsbob: