View Single Post
Old 12-07-21, 09:11 PM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4393 Post(s)
Liked 3,016 Times in 1,865 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
a little early this year. hope I don't regret it too much. heated them up w/ a space heater, rubbed some Armor All on the beads & wiped the insides w/ paper towel. sidewall says 35-70psi. I put 40psi in the front & 50 psi in the back, as a starting point

lots of moisture in the wheels, from the recent water rides I guess

dried off the tubes

checked the 2 patches, as I do, twice a year

forgot the official size they were

noticed 1 had slightly better studs, so I put it up front. I've read that's the best place for the better tire, studs especially.
one is a little deformed from shipping several years ago. they mount up fine under pressure tho

after a test ride in the parking lot, put the bike on the car, then remembered to take the bar ends off & put the barmitts on!

now I gotta go look for trouble, right?
Mounting studded tires is sufficiently difficult in my basement. At all costs I don't want to change a flat out in the cold, where both the rubber and my hands are stiff and cold. So I'd go with tubes that didn't have patches.

Also, Schrader, huh? ,
Likes For MinnMan: