Old 01-14-22, 06:38 AM
noimagination

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked 419 Times in 248 Posts
It's OK. I prefer wired models, personally, as they're more reliable (and you only need batteries in the head unit). The Padrone that I have is subject to interference, which renders the "max speed" function of limited use since on many rides (approx. 20%?) I see readings of 58 mph, 63 mph, etc. Also, the positioning of the magnet reading head/transmitter is more finicky than other cycle computer models I've used (e.g. Cat Eye Astrale). If you're frequently putting your bike on a rack to drive to the start of your ride, get used to checking that the computer is reading before you start your ride. I have the lower-end unit, and it is about 8-9 years old, however, so maybe the current, or more expensive, models are better in these respects.

Other than those somewhat minor gripes, it has been relatively reliable, battery life is good, it is readable, easy to set up and use. It's on our tandem, so I haven't tested it in the rain, sorry, I can't tell you how reliable it is in the wet. And, being wireless, you don't have to worry about routing wires, or about accidentally routing new cables over the wire thereby cutting it and making it necessary to buy a new docking unit/sensor sub-assembly (not that I would ever be guilty of such a thing ).
Likes For noimagination: