Old 06-15-22, 09:16 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1341 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
We did a fun workout at VSC on Sunday during Madison training with our coach. Every Sunday, there is Madison training/practice instruction with our coach. Since we are training for the state TTT mixed two person event, he put us behind the motor to establish the pack.

We did 40 laps, 40 laps where we had to take a lap on the motor as a team and finally 60 laps. We ran 98 gear inches.

The setup is my coach on the motor, my wife behind the motor and I am on her wheel. During the efforts, Madison teams are doing drills / exchanges and getting on and off my wheel. There is constant traffic on the track passing us and etc.

On the second effort taking a lap on the motor, we were in the pole lane a 25 mph, my wife led out and went over the motor and then we took turns exchanging until we caught the motor and we had to watch for other Madison traffic and exchanges. It took us 14 laps to lap the field and then my wife had to go over the top of the pace line and the guy on the motor opened a gap and we slotted back in - very pro move.

On the final 60 lap effort, I was really glad when it was over. 140 laps on the pursuit bike at 25 mph in a pace line was a lot.

We were practicing on Fiesta yesterday and my legs felt amazing - chainless. We are going to VSC Thursday for some speed work and then race state TTT open division on Saturday.

No Zwift for me.

Last edited by Hermes; 06-15-22 at 09:36 AM.
Likes For Hermes: