Old 09-10-22, 08:45 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 182 Posts
Interesting timing

Interesting timing as I replied here soon after my optometrist told me I would eventually need surgery (9/3/2019) but put it off until just this week. Wait until you get informed about the cost of the various type of lenses. Medicare only covers the most basic lens replacement. If you are lucky enough to not have astigmatism as well as nearsightedness and farsightedness, the surgery might be cheaper but if you have all three and want to correct all of them it costs $$$$. I chose to go all the way and the cost for both eyes is $7K plus another $340 for eye drops. The reason I went with full correction is just correcting for astigmatism would have cost me $4,600 and I would still have needed glasses either for reading or far vision.

The doc put in the right IOL lens on Tuesday. I'm sitting here with an old set of glasses with the right lens gone. I can read the computer screen perfectly as well as drive a car and see the road better than I could before. I was going to ride my recumbent trike this morning but the raindrops got in the way and I didn't want to get my eye wet. I have no problem reading the computer. Both near and far vision are good. Can't wait until they do the other eye in two weeks and I can finally ditch my glasses that I have worn since I was a young child.

From what the doc told me when I was weighing the options, most of his patients who go with a single correction choose to correct far vision. I actually has chosen that until I realized the cost for just correcting my astigmatism.
Likes For VegasTriker: