View Single Post
Old 11-30-22, 12:48 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,995 Times in 2,666 Posts
Originally Posted by cdot123
Definitely would love the tern, but also looking for a bike that can sometimes carry an adult passenger so I would be going with GSD instead of HSD. The GSD is absolutely superior to the Fastrack. But where I am located getting a GSD with belt drive and enviolo hub will cost roughly $3000 to $4000 more than the fast track, which is certainly not nothing. Base line GSD would be $2000+ more than it. So my reasoning really was the Fastrack IS a copy of the GSD in terms of wheel and frame size, and I was trying to decide if the better motor system is worth that kind of money. Especially challenging because the Fastrack is new enough that the local shop only has it as a order to purchase, can't test drive it at all.
The motor is worth it well worth it for what you are doing. Also important is a test ride. Though we did sell out of the first gen GSDs before they had even been ridden we ordered 3-4 for the shop and sold them all out and we didn't get to have one for the floor for months after that.

I know it is more expensive initially but always look long term and Bosch is long term. Shimano is fine stuff with good support but long term I think Bosch is superior, they come from a strong automotive and consumer product background so they understand long term support I think better than most in the industry.
Likes For veganbikes: