Old 12-30-23, 06:22 PM
2Mins2Midnight

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Epic Evo, and Carve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
In my (impossible) quest to find hood covers for my 9000 levers, I came across this thread. Since another user said 6800 covers mostly worked but none of the pictures work, I thought I'd buy them myself and post some of my own in the hopes that they're viewable.

I've had them on my bike about two weeks now and done multiple rides on them with no issue. They're not a perfect fit, but they're not bad and I never notice them when I'm riding. I don't think anyone would ever notice either unless they're really studying my hoods for some reason. If you're not dead set on the covers being the exact fit, I'd say 6800 covers are the way to go since they're easy to find.

The first photo shows the difference between the 6800 cover (left) and the original 9000 cover (right) side by side. The rectangular "knobs" are aligned differently and that was the biggest issue causing them not to sit flush. By summer, this bike will be my dedicated trainer bike so I'm not too concerned. It's still crazy to me that 9000 covers are so hard to find.

Edit: Just realized I can't post any photos until I have 10 posts, so I guess I'll be back...