View Single Post
Old 09-10-21, 12:33 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by gpburdell
I apologize that I was unclear. The last paragraph of my post was general commentary on the OP's scenario and was not directed at you or anything you've written.

Sidewalks? I'm on them when running.

No, nothing to apologize for. I agree we weren't there, but I think OP's scenario did allow us to make some judgments. I was just explaining that you and I took a slightly different route and ended up in the same place. Alas, lack of ability to easily read each other's tone in this medium may have made that sound like I was being defensive. I actually find your reluctance to make judgments refreshing. I've pretty much given up on the "what would you do" anecdote because I got so sick of people rewriting the scenarios to fit their preconceived notions of good guys and bad guys. You ever want to see people rewrite your story in this way, discuss a random lunge at yourself by a dog on a MUP. Posters will come out of the woodwork telling you how you must have provoked poor old Fido. An equal number will rewrite the scenario so you're crazy if you didn't go punch the owner in the face.

I totally misread your statement about sidewalk running as "sidewalk riding", so I think I owe you the apology.