Old 07-01-22, 06:49 AM
RidingAroundCT

Bikes: Schwinn Le Tour 1988 12 Speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sovende
I’d definitely follow the tire/tube (& perhaps brake pad) recommendations already suggested!

RE: the trailer question, in my opinion (it’s worth what you pay for it), pulling a trailer with that bike might not be the best option. I’d suggest your wife’s bike ! As mentioned, the gearing isn’t low enough. Just about any hill would be a challenge. It wasn’t (despite its name) truly designed to be a loaded touring bike (again, my opinion). To be sure, it will be a great bike for cruising around on Connecticut back roads if there aren’t too many hills. If pulling a trailer is a necessity, I’d consider getting a bike better suited to the task.
fair enough! thanks for the info. Yeah sooner or later I wouldn't mind getting a trailer but I definitely want to make sure I have the right bike for it and a quality trailer. I might actually have to grab the wife's bike for it LOL. She has some 10 yr old random Huffy mountain bike with purple accents and a sparkle seat! Can't wait to ride that thing down main street with a trailer haha