Old 07-26-23, 05:41 AM
mr,grumpy 

Bikes: 1978(ish) Peugeot PRN10e, Specialized Tricross

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 27 Posts
I believe that I may have been unclear. The bicycle was professionally assembled and checked by a high quality bicycle shop of high regard. They rode it and I rode it. There was no issues to be detected in casual riding it around. It wasn't until it was "out in the wild" that the lever slipped. It didn't come off or dislodge. It slipped and remained loose. You can debate or blame place all you want but the fact remains the the factory incorrectly assembled a component that failed in use.

As for the cable rubbing the head tube, this is a problem specifically documented to drop-bar journeyers in several reviews that I read and watched prior to purchasing the bike. Perhaps this is the price to be paid for having the cables under the tape. I don't know. I do know the this is the only bike that I have had that has had that issue. I don't think that it is unreasonable to think that would be something that a major company would notice and eliminate over time.

And, again, these are just minor quibbling that caused me to reach out to the company.

The issue is:

Jared, and by extension, Salsa, LIED TO ME. He told me that the NEVER put protective vinyl on ANY bike. They put two pieces of it on MY bike.

"was that frame heat treated correctly"? Why Yes, yes it was!
"did you adjust Robot 12 to spec so the handlebars don't fall apart"? Yes we did!
"did you dump that toxic waste into the river"? No way!

who knows.

2023 Salsa Journeyer
2023 Rad Rover 6
1980ish Raleigh Marathon (Vintage Steel)
2006 Trek 820 (Captain Amazing) RIP
2010 Specialized Tricross (Back in Black)
2008 Specialized Roubaix RIP