View Single Post
Old 09-27-21, 11:47 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3461 Post(s)
Liked 1,467 Times in 1,144 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1
I have never experienced the problem with the clogging after storage, but if it is something that backflushing with a waterbottle won't remedy (is it?). ...
All I can say is that in my case, a robust backflow cured mine of having not-great flow after I took it out of storage. By "robust" backflush, I filled the syringe and then used as much force on the syringe as I could muster by holding the syringe against the side of the sink for a couple of backflushes. Used municipal water which is chlorinated.

But in use when camping, I just do quick backflushes of maybe a half cup of water after each batch of water is filtered. With the water bottle method, you can't get as much pressure on it with finger squeezing as you can with a syringe, thus my quick backflushes were pretty weak in comparison to my syringe backflushes. But my quick backflushes still reached crystal clear water after only a few ounces went through.

And as I noted above, I plan to do a robust backflush before and after every trip, so I am not going to worry about it.