Old 02-17-22, 06:14 PM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 506 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclic_eric

Thanks oneclick, what an odd an odd size. Yes, it is unlikely I'll find it at the local hardware store. Perhaps I'll get lucky and happen upon the ratcheting 10mm wrench that SurferRosa didn't pick up! I have a non-bending ratcheting 10mm wrench, not the one Andy_K recommends. Using the advice of others, it looks like the way to go. Thanks y'all
If you're worried about finding the bolt, I would say first take your bolt to the hardware store and get them to measure it - write it all down. Then go to their stacks of Vidmar shelves or whatever where you can find if a steel bolt of the correct head, length, shaft diameter, and shaft threading is available for you. If you can't find one, take your little sheet of specifications and search on the McMaster-Carr website, or call them and get direct assistance. If you have a choice, take a good look at the available finishes or platings which may be available to you. Hardened steel is good, but it can rust. I believe Campy bolts were originally chromed, but I'm not sure they can be duplicated. This is another example of "please try not to lose the original fasteners from your vintage bike parts."
Likes For Road Fan: