urbanknight
Over the hill

Bikes: Giant Defy, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 996 Post(s)
Liked 1,204 Times in 690 Posts
Originally Posted by caloso
Former and still occasional runner here: Asphalt is more forgiving than concrete. Makes a big difference on the joints. Sidewalks tend to be less even--driveway cutouts and tree root heaves, for example. If a runner is coming towards you, it means that they're running against traffic, which is correct. What I'll do is check over my shoulder, move into the lane, and carry on.
True, but isn't the purpose of running against traffic so that you see oncoming traffic and take maneuvers to avoid a collision? Like moving closer to the curb so the cyclist doesn't have to go quite as wide (especially noting that, at least where I live, cycling in a bike lane is legal whereas running/walking in one is not)?

Most of the time I will just check for traffic and go around, but sometimes if I think the person is being an oblivious imbecile or just outright rude I will come to a complete stop in the middle of the lane and wait. Now it's their move. They usually look confused for a second and then move over a bit to get around me. At least it made them think.