View Single Post
Old 04-09-20, 04:32 AM
mjac

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
It would not surprise me if this jacket is as good as folks say it is. HH has been a pioneer in a lot of areas related to outdoors. I think they essentially invented the “oil skin” waterproof clothing for fishermen a long while ago. I recall as well working for Eastern Mt. Sports when Fibrepile was developed. It was the predecessor to fleece. I still have a Patagonia FibrePile (or their version of it) jacket from the early 70’s.
Helly Hansen does make good stuff, I like them and they are easyto deal with. But their products can be pricey. That is why if you can fit one of these sizes and get this quality of an expedition grade,professional jacket for $68, give me a break.

The only thing I can say about Helly Hansen,is they used to have a bullet proof lifetime warranty and it was truly a lifetime warranty. People might have been taking advantage of this and a little while back they changed it to a two year warranty. That is quite a change. But they do fudge on it a little bit. I had a three year old jacket that the zipper broke on and they gave me a full replacement credit, which I used to get the Vanir Slidr on sale from them for $150.
Likes For mjac: