View Single Post
Old 11-15-16, 09:01 AM
DQRider 
Old Boy

Bikes: Mostly 1st-generation, top-of-the-line, non-unicrown MTBs/ATBs: All 1984 models: Dawes Ranger, Peugeot Canyon Express, Ross Mt. Whitney (chrome), Schwinn High Sierra, and a 1983 Trek 850.

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked 1,715 Times in 611 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
30 loafing miles Monday evening, mostly to watch the supermoon rising over downtown, and get some time in the saddle in preparation for riding a solo century. Concentrated on using a taller gear and slower cadence, around 60 rpm, rather than my usual preference for spinning at 80-90 rpm in easier gears. Took it easy to avoid knee strain. I'm tentatively aiming for 100 miles Sunday the 20th, if all goes well.
Wow, `cat, that's ambitious! I've thought of doing something similar, but I've decided I'm not ready yet. I have enough aches and pains already, without going looking for them. I ride for pleasure, and when 100 miles sounds like fun instead of folly, then I'll be ready.

Which bike are you taking on this expedition? Well, whichever it is, I wish you smooth roads and tailwinds both ways. Good luck!