Old 09-11-20, 11:02 AM
BoraxKid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 109 Times in 72 Posts
I'm in the SW USA, and we had some kind of haze earlier this week (Mon/Tues I think) that I think was from the SoCal fires. It all cleared up by Wednesday and yesterday was very clear. I rode my usual 35 km after-work route yesterday but I took my touring bike out to test some new bits. The air quality was actually great and the temperature was considerably cooler than the last time I went out (92F vs 109F OR 33.3C vs 42.7C) The worst part about the ride was that apparently my rear brake was rubbing in one spot. So tonight I get to futz around with my rear wheel and try to re-adjust the brake, and I get to finish upgrading my wife's road bike from 7 speed to 9 speed (just have to mount the front derailleur and tune it up).

Today, the sky looks hazy again, like it did on Monday/Tuesday, but the air quality is being reported as not that bad. It's in the "unhealthy for sensitive groups" range. Idk if that's from the fires or just the usual late-summer crud here, since I've only been here for about 4 months.