Old 07-02-21, 04:52 PM
sean.hwy

Bikes: Blur / Ibis Hakka MX / team machince alr2 / topstone 1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 201 Posts
Originally Posted by ksryder
I once read an in-depth blog post about all the math about trainer difficulty; I can't remember now if it was on Zwift Insider or DCRainmaker but anyway it hurt my brain because I don't math good. All I know is on the default settings I can climb virtual Alpe d'Huez in 60-90 minutes and even though I've never climbed a mountain on my bike IRL I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to sustain that kind of speed on an 8% climb for 8 miles or whatever it is.
From what I read, personal experience from myself and lot's of friends that ride zwiit the up hill part is about the only real accurate part. IRL say 10% hill at 10 miles miles take you an 60 minutes at xxx watts. That's about what it would be for you in zwift. At those slow speeds you don't have the benefit of assuming the perfect bike, aero position, smooth road. etc.. just weight/grade/power(watts)

now the flats in zwift you must be on the best bike, tires, zero wind, and great smooth road and in the perfect body position for aero. While at home doing zwift you might be on the hoods bolt upright blocking wind like a mac truck.

Down hill in zwift is even more silly. your bike has unlimited gears. you can pedal like at 45+ mph. zero pot holes. no cars, squirrels, dear, turns, dirt/leaves on the ground. just crank up your 300+ watts like there is no tomorrow.
Likes For sean.hwy: