Old 07-18-18, 03:36 PM
wktmeow

Bikes: CAAD 10

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 111 Posts
Thanks @TMonk, glad to hear I'm not as bad at it as I thought

Pulled the plug on training and racing (basically just skipping one last race) for this season. Just didn't feel like it anymore, and sorta felt mildly depressed for a while. Doesn't help that I picked up a slight nicotine addiction again after a wedding about 6 weeks ago (started using one of those little Juul vapes, sooo good if you're into that stuff). Just finished weaning myself back off of it. Also started supplementing Zinc and some algae based omega 3's. Hard to say what made the biggest impact, but I'm starting to feel a little better. Commuted yesterday, and in the spirit of "ride however the hell I want", smashed it any time the road pitched up, and kept it tempo-ish on the flats. Got a few PRs on some segments and also I think that was the fastest I've done my 19.8 mi commute (about an hour moving time). Then went out for a sunset social spin with some friends up to Soledad and back home.

This morning was a coffee ride before the commute, then I was going to be late so I did the same pacing as yesterday's ride home. I didn't have much for breakfast though, so I was fading by the end.