Old 05-16-19, 11:00 AM
Clyde1820

Bikes: 1996 Trek 970 ZX Single Track 2x11

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked 564 Times in 428 Posts
Originally Posted by College3.0
I think my biggest obstacle to weight loss is lack of emotional/familial support. I've had a couple of good experiences with personal training over the past 4 years, but ...
Anytime I've come to a new area, I seek out a decent gym where I can find a good workout buddy. At most any gym, you ought to be able to find at least a couple of folks whose schedules and sensibilities roughly match yours, where they'd be interested in working out with you a couple times a week.

Can be inspiring. With folks who "click" into friendship, it can help develop that support network, for accountability. It helps retain the consistency of the routine, even when you're not all that "up" for it.

I'd find a decent gym. Select a reasonable strength/cardio combination that'll work for your training approach. Be consistent in doing something, yet with sufficient recovery times in key muscle areas. And find a couple of workout buddies ... for strength workouts at the gym, for cycling or running, etc.

Good luck on the journey. ~50lbs generally shouldn't be all that difficult to get rid of, with sufficient change to the routine and nutrition (assuming no hard to get over physical impediments).