View Single Post
Old 06-06-19, 10:45 AM
dhender02

Bikes: Felt Z85 & Trek 7.3FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
“Hi David, this is Dr. Wanner. Just as I suspected you have diabetes.” This call from my doctor in 2008 is what did it for me.

I went into beast mode, made lifestyle changes with a low carb, and somewhat clean, diet and started exercising regular, well cycling. My goal was to cycle at least 3 times a week, but I actually hit 4 times a week often during the months of Apr – Oct. I’ve had plenty ups and downs on this journey, at my heaviest I was 260 and my lowest was 213, now I’m hovering around 220. However with a blog--www.SavingMyFoot.com, a YouTube Channel--@savingmyfoot, n+1 bikes, and 11 years later, I’m still at it! Since I’m 6’0 I will always be a Clyde, personally think I’ll be too light if I’m more than 10lbs or so under 200, so my ultimate goal is get under 205.

As others have said, it takes internal motivation to make lifestyle changes. Just like a drug/alcoholic addict, they can check into all the rehab centers in the world but if they don’t want and believe it for themselves, it usually doesn’t work/last.

Good luck College3.0, you can do this (a cliché, but it’s true)! Find your own internal motivation and just do it! Dangit, another cliché.

Last edited by dhender02; 06-06-19 at 08:50 PM.