Old 10-02-19, 09:41 AM
groovestew

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 33 Posts
A series of small adventures to start my day.
First, when I opened the garage door to get my bike, a bird flew in, so I had to chase him out.
Then, when I was a few blocks from home, my phone started ringing, which is weird because I usually keep my ringer off. I first thought, ignore it, if it's important, they'll leave a message. Then I thought, what if it is important? My mind went over several possibilities as to why someone would phone my mobile at 8:00 am, when it suddenly dawned on me. I forgot my lunch at home. Checked the phone, sure enough, texts and a missed call from my wife. So I turned around and rode back.
Then, on the way back home, as I was about to make a right turn, a school bus coming towards me made a left turn right into the space I was intending to occupy. It wasn't exactly a close call, but I had to jam on my brakes, and she should've waited, and I got pretty mad and started yelling. The driver sped away (can't blame her...a crazy "biker" screaming at her when she has little kids on the bus? I'm not proud of myself.) In the heat of the moment, I tried chasing her to see if I could get enough info to make a report, but I couldn't catch up.
Anyway, I got my lunch and rode to work, and apart from a couple of white SUVs cutting me off, the rest of the trip was uneventful. The stupid thing was that, in chasing the bus, I think I overdid it a bit, and I actually had to ease up on the ride to work because I felt a bit wheezy. I thought I was in better shape than that.
Oh, and it was just around the freezing mark for the ride in, maybe a bit below freezing in fact. Brr.