Old 07-02-20, 03:26 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2739 Post(s)
Liked 971 Times in 794 Posts
Originally Posted by Doug64
MLux,
Good luck on your quest! Just a word of caution: bike touring is very addictive.
this is not the first time Doug has used this line, but you know what? Its absolutely true!

mlux, I still think it's worth slapping on a long stem that is also angled upwards. You can easily visualize of this would work at all by imagining an extended line from the existing stem, either at this angle or slightly less, and "seeing" where a different stem could put the bars. I have no idea how much those "raiser dropbars cost" but they would help and they look cool to.
I have practically no photos of me on my bikes, this is the only really. Taken more 3/4 angled, but at least you've seen my Troll from the side, and it can compliment some of Doug's shots of good examples of riding positions.

I guess I'd finish by saying that you seem to have enough riding experience to know what feels right or wrong. Just take into consideration that for touring, as we've said, a slightly more easy position is nice to have, for those days you feel rung out for whatever reasons.
but whatever you do, have fun trying out exploring and traveling by bike, it's a fantastic way to see places and people.