johnnyace 
Le savonnier

Bikes: I can count 'em on one hand

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked 602 Times in 274 Posts
Originally Posted by Pavone
So what’s so bad about Michelin Dynamic Classic tyres? Seems like both of you would be embarrassed to have them on any of your bikes. Why so? Apologies if this is a ‘thing’ but I’m new here.
Originally Posted by bertinjim
Pavone-

Nothing wrong with them at all. They are a nicely made, amber wall tire for restoration and club or casual use. I use the sister-under-the-skin Dynamic Sport on my restored 80s Peugeots and they are a comfortable and easy rolling tire with excellent grip. Some people slag the Classic and the Sport for being prone to punctures but run them at reasonable pressures and stay away from debris strewn commuting streets and you should be fine.
Originally Posted by Pavone
Absolutely bertinjim. I put the Classics on my vintage bike because they look the part and was pleasantly surprised with their ride and grip. I have ridden them in two Eroicas (Britannia and California) plus a few similar vintage events which included some gravel sections and never had any trouble. Will definitely keep using them.
Noticed that my newly acquired Liberia on this thread (post #3446) has a new set of Michelin Dynamic Classic tires, which I have no experience with. Sounds like they're pretty decent, though.