guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Bikes: R5, Allez Sprint, Shiv

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 295 Posts
Originally Posted by Badger6
What is the Venge frame being replaced with?

I rode an Aethos a few weeks back, I don't own one, so I have exactly one ride that lasted about an hour. I didn't find it particularly different than my SL7, though it "felt" a bit lighter, when maneuvering. My guess is that it was in my head, because the tubes are noticeably smaller than my SL7. It is plenty stiff, and responded well to power input. I do't know about "jump," but it didn't feel flexy at all. In fact, it didn't feel different from my SL7 in any remarkable way.

If they replace the Venge with an SL7 frame (a big upgrade if you can get Spesh to do it)....have you considered getting something a bit different, like a Roubaix? Not sure what the road surfaces are like where you are, but honestly, for me, it would be a perfect second road bike for the rougher roads (cobbles, light gravel, busted pavement)
I am told they are giving me another Venge frameset and i really hope it is in the red/white colorway. To be honest, i am happier with that, than an SL7, if only because my OCD is happier with a slightly more aero bike. That said, if they give me an S-Works SL7, I wont complain either - but yeah, that may change what i get for my second bike in that case.

At present, my Factor LS is my bad roads/rain/do-it-all bike and i have been thinking of perhaps flipping it as well as my steel bike and getting a Roubaix or Domane, actually.
Likes For guadzilla: